A few days ago I wrote a note on facebook telling 25 things about myself.
One of them was that I’m an old soul and a little sister. I thought I’d expound on this here. I am the youngest of four children. I also have always been kind of old. It’s a bit of a cunundrum. So here’s a list (I like lists) on being an old soul that’s a little sister:
1) As a child, I used to think my older siblings should grow up.
2) I was often called “mature” as a child, which I now think meant that I spent too much time talking to adults.
3) I married a man almost 9 years older than me and he’s always surprised when we play board games and the “little sister” part comes out (meaning, I am competitive and always suspect people of cheating).
4) I am really looking forward to being the “older woman” in Titus 2. (How old do you have to be for that, anyway, I’m 27, so I figure by 40 I should qualify).
5) I like things that are said to be “classic,” including books, clothes, decor.. anything really, and have an aversion to the word modern.
6) I’m known by the people I grew up with as Abby (or some simply say, “isn’t that so and so’s little sister?). Very little sister-ish, don’t you think?
7) I take myself seriously. I think I’m the only one. (thank goodness)
What are you? Are you a youthful person who’s the oldest brother? Or some other strange, oxy-moron-like combination?