At the marriage retreat we were given an assignment to make a list of 25 things we appreciate about our spouse. I thought I share some of my list with you. I’ll do 13, because his birthday is on the 13th of April. And you might get bored with 25.
Mr. TommyD is a great guy, it’d be a terrible thing to keep all his wonderfulness to myself!
Did I mention I like lists?
1) He extols and praises God in everyday speech with whomever he’s around.
2) He leads our family in worship and when he worships God, it’s contagious.
3) He takes risks. Not dumb blind risks, but risks that require trusting God and are for our good.
4) He goes for things. He started his own business. He’s good at it.
5) If I’m exhausted from being up with the baby and he doesn’t have an early meeting, he does breakfast with the kids and lets me sleep.
6) He listens to and values my input. He actually asks for it and wants to know what I think about things.
7) He regularly examines his own soul. He doesn’t often accuse me of things or judge me or question my motives. He looks for the flaws in himself before he approaches me with a problem I have.
8) He is hungry for our kids to see God in a transforming way and for them to fall in love with God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
9) He does most of the bills. (that one looks small, but boy is it big).
10) He’s a great gift-giver. He surprised me with the MacBook I’m now typing on, and for Christmas got me gift certificates to a spa (one for me and one for a friend to bring along).
11) He initiates prayer with the kids and me, everyday.
12) He’ll pick up supper when I’m worn out and doesn’t view it a deficiency on my part. In other words, he’s gracious and understanding about what it’s like to take care of three little ones and the home.
13) He uses my hairdryer to warm up the bed sheets before I get in at night.
Yep, I know, he’s great. What does your spouse do that you appreciate? Have you told them? They might be pleasantly surprised!