Everybody has rough days. Hard days. Painful days. Difficult days.
It’s one of the things every human has in common, isn’t it? It’s easy to become myopic on these days.
Lately I’ve been trying to recognize what God’s grace looks like in my life on these difficult days. Intellectually I know that God’s grace may very well be the difficulty. But in the midst of it, I rarely feel this. Although knowing it does make a huge difference.
Anyway, today I’m making a small list of how God’s grace is felt by me in the hard moments.. sometimes moments that string along for days or weeks.
1) I feel God’s grace when my 5-yr-old daughter sees my difficulty and ministers to me by offering to play with her younger sister in the other room. Thank you Lord.
2) I feel God’s grace through a husband who’s willing to do whatever it takes to make sure his wife is well-cared for.
3) I feel God’s grace when phone call from a stranger jars me out of some unhelpful thoughts and unwittingly reveals that my life is really a string of blessing upon blessing.
4) I feel God’s grace in Advil Liquid Gels.
5) I feel God’s grace in a messy house that is evidence that we have friends who like us enough to come to our home and stay for a few hours. I wish it lasted longer.
6) I feel God’s grace in a schedule that is empty today, but full tomorrow, and keeps me from drowning at home.
7) I feel God’s grace in the ministry of His Word. It is powerful. It is active. It contains the power and Person of the Gospel, which I need. Everyday.
8) I feel God’s grace in the gift of prayer. The Spirit and the Lord Jesus make it possible for me to pray to God the Father. They cover me and utter for me. They bring me to the throne of a Tender Father, not a wrathful one.
9) I feel God’s grace in the sun heating up my back as I type this. And a house with many windows that lets it stream in. And when I’m done I will turn around and soak it in on my face and my eyeballs.
10) I feel God’s grace in that, when I sat down, I only had 4 or 5 things to list as His felt grace for today, but He is faithful in showing me many more. More than I could ever record.
How are you experiencing His grace today?